Skip to main content

The Tie Tale


Today was the day of days.Terrible.At least till half day.I had bunked school yesterday in the pretext of fatigue and joints pain.Besides there was no water and electricity, so the morning things wouldn't be as easy as usual.I don't fancy going to school or rather anywhere wearing a crumpled shirt and yesterday's socks.Today morning I had nothing solid to complain about which is very irritating.I threw huge tantrums yelling unkind things about my new school and the people there.Our daily help 'Ammumma' as we call her affectionately,which means grandmother which indeed she is one,chuckled from the kitchen.She muttered something about 'just like when she was three' and went about the morning bustle.I stomped around the house like an angry bull snorting and raging madly.Then it slowly came down and I realised I just looked stupid screaming my head off.I knew Mummy,Ummar and Ammumma were secretly sniggering away at my irritability early at seven.



                                               Half this road was dug up to lay those 11 Kvs
I gulped down the bournvita or whatever it was and dashed out of the house,stuffing my necktie into the side pocket of my bag.It had been raining continuously for the past two days and the road was eroded..or rather de-roaded.And to top that our lane was dug up to lay the 11 KV electric cables.Huge mounds of red clay had rolled up..and down ,plastering a mucky mess down the sloping road.I cautiously ran up the wet,sticky road ,keeping close to the grass.I reached the bus stop,panting.I fished in the side pocket of my bag for my tie.No tie there!My eyes raced to the wristwatch.8:08 am. The yellow pencil box would arrive at 8:10.I could not run back to get it now..I'm kicked,I thought.

I  got to school and asked everyone I know and didn't for a spare tie.No on had one.So I decided telling th e teacher would be the best idea though the worst.As expected she was no more help than informing that I couldn't sit in class.I reset my expression to a cross of the lost-puppy and my best imploring lookAs expected it worked.:D..She asked me to get permission from the Principal.Phew! the worst was over.I saw him right after the prayer and got a signed note.He just asked if I passed all the subjects which I thankfully had.I went back to the class triumphantly and showed the note.Just a short smile(not at all comforting) and she asked "leave of absence?". I flicked through to find the page but it wasn't there!I told her I'd find it in a moment and took my seat.I bent down calling God when i noticed another diary.My brother's-and it had the sick leave.I had no trouble making bigger blunders throughout the day.I attended the prayer meeting hoping it would save me from all this stupidity.Things kind of got better after that.

Ummar and I got down at Kesavadasapuram and waited for Mummy.When she arrived we went to Ambrosia to have a bite and to Trida for Ummar's class magazine stuff.I roamed around the shops looking at the handbags and shoes.We got me a Billabong bag.(i think it's fake:))

And my tie was found on the muddy road by our neighbour 'kamalamma teacher"..hehe..and She sold my mom some kind of edible flowers that she grew.Maybe we'll have fried flowers for dinner..hehe

Comments

  1. 'kamalamma tr.' ..she? the ole' music tr. in SV? =) ?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah..i dont think..god knows wht she taught..i'll find out where she workd...pretty old

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good---no, Awesome Hair Day

I had a haircut few days back.I do almost every six months but had not attracted as much attention as this time. Maybe it wouldnt have been sucha big hype were I back in Muscat. But people here in Kerala just can't take it if a 16 year old girl has her hair cropped off below her ears.I guess they have not seen many. The perfect girl here is one who has waist length oiled hair neatly braided and tied with ribbons.Excuse me! So as I walked into school it felt a movie with a hundred pairs of eyes staring at me.Hundred pairs of wide open shocked.,horrified ,surprised( yup! i got all kind of response)eyes.I walked into 11b first looking for Aparna.Loud Gasps, girly screams and more shocked faces.Aswathy screamed her way to me. "Alice!"..yeah i wish. But the closest thing that Alice Cullen and I have in common is the hair(hers is spikier and shorter) because Alice Cullen is a vampire and she's beautiful! The guys all seemed quite confused. They didn't like it. Hahah

The Science Congress, The Elixir And the Opportunity

That's right.I can exaggerate well.Let me tell you what really happened.Today I went to school after an eight-day vacation to Muscat after debating whether i was really tired after the journey or i was just pretending too hard. It was by far the best day at school-partly cuz we weren't really at school.We went for this joy ride and nearly got us killed in this stampede and nearly lost the one of our classmates.(can't i ever stop?----no) I trudged heavily to my classroom still sleepy from the day before.Groggily I helloed n hi'ed everyone.My ever-eager-to-know-more-brainy-stuff friend Kirthana was ranting on about this Indian Science Congress held at the College of engineering,Kariyavattom.She badly wanted to attend the thing and had gone up to the princy for permission a couple of times to take the 11th grade for the exciting science hungama packed with oily nerds. hmm....was all i thought about the marvellous idea.Finally in the second period they sent for us and h

Home is Where the Heart is..

There stands the lonely house. It is a beautiful thing with its ivory walls and polished doors and windows.It gleams pale gold in the afternoons. But the wrought iron gate is always shut.No one comes in or goes out. The windows are never opened. It stands all in glory like a cursed jewel no one will claim But there lives a strange family in this house. They say they are strange creatures. They are never heard speaking except for low moans and some kind of hissing. They have red eyes and their bodies are grey and have bony red feet. If you ask anyone they have never seen them. Then one day I saw them proud pigeons strutting about under the eaves. Few years back when my grandmother died, our ancestral home was abandoned. It was like a mansion amidst a clump of trees like one of those witch castles in old stories. My grandmother wasn't alone all those years. She had her trees and birds and snakes and all those tiny creatures to keep her company. They seem to know her only too well