Skip to main content

Good---no, Awesome Hair Day

I had a haircut few days back.I do almost every six months but had not attracted as much attention as this time. Maybe it wouldnt have been sucha big hype were I back in Muscat. But people here in Kerala just can't take it if a 16 year old girl has her hair cropped off below her ears.I guess they have not seen many. The perfect girl here is one who has waist length oiled hair neatly braided and tied with ribbons.Excuse me!

So as I walked into school it felt a movie with a hundred pairs of eyes staring at me.Hundred pairs of wide open shocked.,horrified ,surprised( yup! i got all kind of response)eyes.I walked into 11b first looking for Aparna.Loud Gasps, girly screams and more shocked faces.Aswathy screamed her way to me. "Alice!"..yeah i wish. But the closest thing that Alice Cullen and I have in common is the hair(hers is spikier and shorter) because Alice Cullen is a vampire and she's beautiful!

The guys all seemed quite confused. They didn't like it. Hahaha. How little they have seen. I guess its just not normal for these mallu( no offence but the word is nearly official when you are referring to a keralite)  boys to see girls walking around with short hair.Apparently i was the "laughing stock among the boys" as quoted by a friend.Pahaha!Why in the world were they bothered about my long gone hair when I barely cared.I'm sorry I didn't know I was Rapunzel.The long-braids moaned and wept over my loss.They sympathised with me and some even went on to suggest hairl oils and Ayurvedic treatment to grow it back fast.I roared with laughter. I didnt cut my hair to grow it back the next day with Ayurveda magic.

There is something I have noticed about these people.When something changes sunddenly and they are not prepared for it their first reaction is resentment for the change and the next mockery.They poke fun at what is new and unknown.Some sort of inbuilt defense mechanism I'd say.Anway while I'm around they'd have to see some things changing.

cheerio!

Comments

  1. CHEERS! you're awesome!

    Change..Oh yeaH! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amiya i said that the hairstyle doesnt match u NOT that ur hair style was bad ,,,, by the way who was the one who sugested about the ayurvedic ,,, nyways u did bcome the laughing stock among the boyz ( mainly as u luk lyk a boy if u wore a t-shirt nd jeans with that hair style --no offence thoug---) nd about the mallu thing U R ASLO A MALLU
    nd last but not atall the least "nuthing is new about ur hair style :-P "

    nd no one is least bothered about ur gone old long hair u just luks gross nd ur new style doesnt at all suits u thats y u bcame the laughing stock

    ReplyDelete
  3. @vivek ur awesome too =).

    ReplyDelete
  4. im sorry if i offended anyone but i dont really mind if i luk like a guy if i wore jeans n tees.i jus ws makin my side of perspective clear.im glad u all had a gud laugh.I did too =P....i agree the hairstyle isnt new but it is new enough in this part of town.pardon me if i am too bold saying wat i did ws bold.:)

    I am mallu so what?. mallu is an official term now so take no offence.i have mentioned that earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didnt say i was offeneded

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey.. whoz dat anonymous.!!??

    ReplyDelete
  7. wat nabeel its me ,, if u cant find out who am i ,its areal shame

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Mia
    Heyyy...this post was a good one!! And I think the hairstyle rocks coz I did see your pic on facebook. I am quite sure that ur hairstyle would not be a surprise factor in Cochin!! (No offense to all others who have commented earlier..but I really dont care! :-))

    And yea...you cant help it if guys laughed at you coz they seem to have less exposure of the outside world than you. Once they get of school and finish college..they will reach ur level !! :-D
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Science Congress, The Elixir And the Opportunity

That's right.I can exaggerate well.Let me tell you what really happened.Today I went to school after an eight-day vacation to Muscat after debating whether i was really tired after the journey or i was just pretending too hard. It was by far the best day at school-partly cuz we weren't really at school.We went for this joy ride and nearly got us killed in this stampede and nearly lost the one of our classmates.(can't i ever stop?----no) I trudged heavily to my classroom still sleepy from the day before.Groggily I helloed n hi'ed everyone.My ever-eager-to-know-more-brainy-stuff friend Kirthana was ranting on about this Indian Science Congress held at the College of engineering,Kariyavattom.She badly wanted to attend the thing and had gone up to the princy for permission a couple of times to take the 11th grade for the exciting science hungama packed with oily nerds. hmm....was all i thought about the marvellous idea.Finally in the second period they sent for us and h

Home is Where the Heart is..

There stands the lonely house. It is a beautiful thing with its ivory walls and polished doors and windows.It gleams pale gold in the afternoons. But the wrought iron gate is always shut.No one comes in or goes out. The windows are never opened. It stands all in glory like a cursed jewel no one will claim But there lives a strange family in this house. They say they are strange creatures. They are never heard speaking except for low moans and some kind of hissing. They have red eyes and their bodies are grey and have bony red feet. If you ask anyone they have never seen them. Then one day I saw them proud pigeons strutting about under the eaves. Few years back when my grandmother died, our ancestral home was abandoned. It was like a mansion amidst a clump of trees like one of those witch castles in old stories. My grandmother wasn't alone all those years. She had her trees and birds and snakes and all those tiny creatures to keep her company. They seem to know her only too well